Monday, June 28, 2010

Featured Artist - Hungry Dinos

With this blog, all we have done so far is inform you on artists that are already relatively well-known in the indie music world. While this has been great and we will continue to do this, something I’ve wanted to do for a while is introduce you to music that even the hippest of hipsters will likely have never heard of. I’ll do this whenever I hear someone really awesome or if you want me to inform readers of your own musical project, shoot us an email at hipsterandfriend@gmail.com and we’d love to write a little blurb about you.

As many of you may know, I’m a pretty frequent visitor of /mu/. Anyways, that is where I first heard of Hungry Dinos. To be honest, there’s not much I know about these guys besides the fact that I love their music. The guy I talked to was kind enough to provide the /mu/tants with a site to listen to demo versions of the tracks that will soon be released on their EP entitled Generous. These guys have a very relaxed sound that at times reminds me of early Someone Still Loves You, Boris Yeltsin, one of my very very favorite bands. But anyways, don’t just read about the music, give it a listen! You can check out the preview of Generous that they let /mu/ listen to here (psst, click "here", it's a link). And see that e-mail toward right hand site of the site? Shoot Hungry Dinos an email and they'll give you a link to download the EP for free and you could also get some free stuff like posters or even vinyl. Really awesome eh? Anyways, check these guys out, you won't be disappointed!

http://hungrydinos.com/mupreview.html

Hungry Dinos - In the Garden of the Holy Ghost

0 comments:

Post a Comment