Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Tea

Special Post:
Tea
Hipster Review:
After years of killing my body slowly with sodas and such, Tea became my drink of choice in the Fall of 2008. Since then, I've touched a soft drink maybe once or twice in a year (if I was feeling really risky maybe 5 times or so). Do I regret this change in drinking? No I do not.
Tea comes in a variety of flavors, and when I say variety I mean there is absolutely no way in Hell that I can put that in small terms. From sweet tea to fruit tea, to jasmine tea to green tea, there are literally thousands upon thousands of varieties of tea, which guarantees that you will like at least two or three (did I just rhyme? I digress...)
My personal favorite is Camomile, lovingly sweetened with a pinch of honey. It's sweet, healthy and satisfyingly soothing. I don't care how much of a soda junkie you are, you will find a tea at some point in your life that you will enjoy. Hell, the British have a specified time of the day for it! You know you're a classic drink when you have your own meal time. Until we have a specifically chosen "Coke break," then Tea will always reign supreme. Checkmate.

Hipster Rating:
10.0

Friend Review:
There’s a time and a place for everything. This is a lesson I’ve learned many times whether it’s been being yelled at to put my pants back on or having to be resuscitated after trying to do the “Single Ladies” dance underwater. Now that I’m through with my introduction, I will relate it to tea. And now that I’ve explained what I am going to do, I’m gonna do it. What? I don’t know. I figure there are two types of tea: hot tea and cold tea. Now, cold tea is pretty appropriate in any situations. It’s refreshing, it’s healthy for you (kinda?), it’s relatively cheap, and it can give you a good caffeine boost which is usually why when I’m found carrying my Tim Horton’s travel it’s usually early in the morning and it contains tea (coffee is gross). But tea is lacking in one very important aspect that ultimately determines what beverage I will choose to consume: taste! It’s really hard to find a really good tasting ice tea. I love me some raspberry and lemon tea, but I find pretty much everything else repulsive. They should make strawberry tea, I think that’d taste good. And even raspberry and lemon tea has to be VERY heavily flavored for me to enjoy them.
As far as hot tea goes, the situation has to be two-fold for hot tea to be the appropriate drink: you must be cold AND you must be sick. Whenever I’m sick, there’s really nothing that feels better than a hot lemon tea to sooth things. But say you’re just cold and you need to warm up. You would have to be crazy to say you’d rather have hot tea than a good ol’ hot chocolate. Which brings me back to my main point against tea: it just don’t taste that good kids. Usually. There’s some times when tea is the perfect drink but again, they are few and far between. Now go have a Jones!

Friend Rating:

5.7


Coming up on Wednesday, The ArchAndroid (Suites II and III) by Janelle Monae and Champ by Tokyo Police Club! That’s right, a double-post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment